Tuesday 10 October 2017

PLANNING: AUDIENCE PROFILING

Audiences are often defined by GEARS. G stands for gender. Having looked at the BFI exit polls of films screened to audiences screened to some 150 people, I noticed that films involving action conventions and moderate levels of violence tended to be skewed towards a male audience. However, I believe that our film trailer would attract a similar number of male and females. I think that my audience will be mostly under 35. They are likely to watch TV programs such as Pretty Little Liars. It has been proven by the BFI exit polls that most people decide to see a film from the information they receive from a trailer they have seen in a cinema. I would aim to put my trailer before films like Don't Breathe and The Truman Show as they show resemblance to my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment